PowerEarth was engaged by CPBJH as their owner’s engineer. PowerEarth’s role included:
- Independent reviewer for earthing and bonding aspects of the design
- Quality assurance inspections and tests throughout the installation of the various substation and TBM earthing systems
- Independent advice for the 66/22 kV transformer fire walls
- Independent assessment of the lightning risks and surge protection required within the tunnel
- Arc hazard assessment for the 66/22 kV intake substation
- Assessment and mitigation of earth related safety risks for the construction of the Freeway Control Centre on and around a live 66 kV substation.
- Preparation of an overarching report documenting the quality assurance provided for the design and installation of the tunnel construction supply earthing