PowerEarth’s team of engineers have been working on the earthing design for the Morley to Ellenbrook railway in Perth. This involves ensuring that the earthing system is fit for purpose and meets all safety requirements.
Why is earthing important?
Earthing is used to protect against electrical hazards. It helps to dissipate electricity away from people and equipment, preventing injuries and damage. A well-designed earthing system will provide an effective path for electricity to flow into the ground, away from people and property. This ensures that the commute for residents in north-east Perth is safe and efficient.
Designing an Effective Earthing System
The earthing system on the Morley to Ellenbrook railway has been designed to meet all safety requirements. The earthing system provides an effective path for traction faults to flow back to feeder station, away from people and property.
PowerEarth are industry leaders in earthing design and testing. Our team includes specialists in the various fields in earthing:
- Earth Potential Rise (EPR), step, touch and transfer voltages
- AC interference for metallic pipelines and telecommunications assets
- Electric and magnetic field exposure
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and the effects on sensitive receivers
- Earthing and Bonding Management Plans for AC and DC traction systems
- Electrolysis including the effects of stray DC currents
- AC corrosion
- Test methods and instrumentation
- Managing earthing related risks during construction, maintenance or repair activities
PowerEarth have a team of experienced engineers who are able to design earthing systems that meet all safety requirements. If you need assistance with earthing design, contact PowerEarth today.